An unusually large 53cm Japanese handmade paper lamp shade (Chōchin) constructed from a beautifully textured Unryu washi paper. Unryu means "dragon clouds", and the long fibres in the paper seem to curl and float when the light is on. These open shades are perfect for high open ceilings, where you need a lot of light.
- 53cm Diameter, 53cm High (approximately)
- Shade only, if you like the flex and lampholder, they are available here
- These shades now attach directly to the flex, you have a choice of a White or Black cord grip. These will work with any diameter flex/cable as long as it is round, not flat
- Natural Washi paper from Tokushima prefecture (see our Care Guide)
- Fushitani Shouten, made by hand in Nagoya, Japan
- Find out more on our blog