An elliptical blue hemp washi paper shade. Large but compact, perfect for hallways, landings and larger rooms where you need a lot of light. The random fibres in the hemp and the beautiful shadows cats by the light will liven up and space.
- 53cm Diameter, 29cm High (approximately) (Open Diameter at the Bottom of the Shade is 32cm)
- Shade only, if you like the cordset, it is available here
- These shades now attach directly to the flex, you have a choice of a White or Black cord grip. These will work with any diameter flex/cable as long as it is round, not flat, and will work in any country
- Washi paper from Gifu and Tokushima (Care Guide)
- Lamp shade made by hand by at Fushitani Shouten in Nagoya, Japan
Fushitani san’s father started the company in 1962 after completing a traditional ten-year apprenticeship. This family company keeps using traditional techniques and materials but also seeks to innovate. They have developed new styles of chōchin (Japanese paper lights) like the double-layered shades and sectioned shades.
For Fushitani san, tradition is innovation, accepting new challenges is a necessity for the future. His main motivation is introducing Japanese paper lampshades to overseas and connecting people in the world through his works. Half of his business is firmly in traditional Japan: making lamps for temples and restaurants, but the other half is making modern paper lamp shades for both the domestic and overseas market.