A wide, elliptical 53cm Japanese handmade paper lamp shade (Chōchin) constructed from strips of off-white mulberry washi paper to show off the structure and maximise light, the skill is keeping the same tension in each paper section so the shade is balanced.
- 53cm Diameter, 29cm High (approximately) (Open Diameter at the Bottom of the Shade is 32cm)
- Shade only, if you like the flex and lampholder, they are available here
- These shades now attach directly to the flex, you have a choice of a White or Black cord grip. These will work with any diameter flex/cable as long as it is round, not flat
- Natural Washi paper from Gifu prefecture (see our Care Guide)
- Fushitani Shouten, made by hand in Nagoya, Japan
- Find out more on our blog