Amatsubu means raindrops, and the soft blues and greys of this pattern make a very sophisticated lightshade. A beautiful gathered shade, lined in white cotton, that is just at home with modern decor as in a traditional country house.
- 100% Kasuri dyed cotton, from the Sakata workshop in the famous town of Kurume, Kyūshū
- The measurements are: Bottom Diameter, Top Diameter, Length of Side (not height).
- Pattern placement can vary across shade sizes, if you need to know more, please do ask us.
- Shade made in the UK, the lamp base is not included, this is for the shade only
- Compatible with US E26 lampsockets
- If you need shades with a finial fitting to fit a harp, please get in touch. These can be made to order for a small extra cost
- If the shade you want is out of stock, then it will be made for you. Shades that are made for you cannot be returned (please see our T&Cs). If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch before ordering.
The Sakata workshop is always bustling with activity. The Sakatas are constantly trying new ideas and patterns, whether it is opening a boutique in New York or collaborating with designers.
They are a big supplier of clothing, but are happy for us to explore their storeroom for any patterns we can find. They are a great combination of producer and entrepreneur - and are always fun to deal with.