A large elliptical 53cm Japanese handmade paper lamp shade (Chōchin) made with a beautiful lace-like hemp washi paper. This shade still casts a lot of light but the random natural fibres in the paper create a lovely shadow and cast a warm light. Hemp is quite rare as a paper and it will lose it's bright whiteness and soften a tiny bit as it ages.
- 53cm Diameter, 29cm High (approximately) (Open Diameter at the Bottom of the Shade is 32cm)
- Shade only, if you like the flex and lampholder, they are available here
- These shades now attach directly to the flex, you have a choice of a White or Black cord grip. These will work with any diameter flex/cable as long as it is round, not flat
- Washi paper from Tokushima (see our Care Guide)
- Fushitani Shouten, Nagoya, Japan
- Find out more on our blog