Keyholes, chain links or even tsuba sword guards, this abstract pattern is open to interpretation. But the gently graded blues make a fine pattern whether the light is on or off. Normally the pattern runs around the shade, we can fit the pattern vertically for shades 11" diameter or less - if you would prefer this just make a note on your order or drop us a line.
- 100% Kasuri dyed cotton, from the Kittaka workshop near Hiroshima, Western Japan
- Pattern placement can vary across shade sizes, if you need to know more, please do ask us.
- Shade made in the UK, the lamp base is not included, this is for the shade only
- Different styles of diffuser are available to hide the bulb
- Compatible with US E26 lampsockets
- If you need shades with a finial fitting to fit a harp, please get in touch. These can be made to order for a small extra cost
- If the shade you want is out of stock, then it will be made for you. Shades that are made for you cannot be returned (please see our T&Cs). If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch before ordering.
Kittaka Bingo Gasuri
We went to Hiroshima expecting to find colourful Bingo style kasuri, but instead we came across the Kittaka workshop who primarily work in blue and white only. The exception is their use of persimmon, which is used as a natural orange dye.
They are the only remaining commercial weaver using persimmon yarn that we can find and the soft rusty tones of the persimmon make their fabric very popular for lampshades.