Bow-ties, butterflies or fireflies, this pattern is open to interpretation. We prefer the more poetic firefly description - the gentle, deep, blue/black ground reminds us of sultry warm Kyūshū nights spent pursuing fireflys across the paddy fields!
- 100% Kasuri dyed cotton, from the Sakata workshop in the famous town of Kurume, Kyūshū
- Pattern placement can vary across shade sizes, if you need to know more, please ask
- This is for a shade only, the lamp base or pendant is not included. If you like the cordset, it is available here
- Different styles of diffuser are available to hide the bulb for larger shades
- Compatible with US E26 lampsockets
- If you need shades with a finial fitting to fit a harp, please get in touch. These can be made to order for a small extra cost
- If the shade you want is out of stock, then it will be made for you. Shades that are made for you cannot be returned (please see our T&Cs). If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch before ordering.
The Sakata workshop is always bustling with activity. The Sakatas are constantly trying new ideas and patterns, whether it is opening a boutique in New York or collaborating with designers.
They are a big supplier of clothing, but are happy for us to explore their storeroom for any patterns we can find. They are a great combination of producer and entrepreneur - and are always fun to deal with.